"Im married to school." Is usually what comes out of my mouth tho, fo now.
Yesterday was my first mental health clinical, and it was fn nerve racking.
"They are more anxious than you. just relax and talk to them."
Are fn kidding me??? Obviously you have never met any of the mental cases in my family. Thier whole plan is intimidation and eat their young, literally. HA! But in the back of my mind is that patient that is my uncle; unpredictable, hostile, and with unlimited triggers. My dad isn't there to stop him and my mom isnt there to threaten him. *I guess Im a real adult* So my biggest fear going into this clinical is that something I would say would be a trigger and I would be rushed to the ER with half my face. Not the case.... not this week anyhow.
It was actually (dare I say it?) enjoyable. I talked to my patient for 45 mins then we had group. HA, whata joke. We (the students) have to put on a group activity and it is going to be BOMB ASS when we think it up!!! I almost fell asleep, but 4 people participated and really reflected on the subject material. What more could you ask from addicts???
So, to put it all together, I think I met my future husband in the mental ward wednesday. What is it that makes me want to fix these FD^ men??? Mb bc Im such a hard ass, independent, smart, hopeful, realistic, do-it-your-damn-self, suspicious, stable woman with hopes and dreams I just want to tAke them for the ride and have them experience what normal is..
IDK. Mr. X is out, somewhere. I just hope he's not taking a HIT right now...
No comments:
Post a Comment