So when you get burned, don't say i didn't tell you....
So Graduation is a month plus one day away. do I have a job lined up? no, but im calling. sometime soon after i turn in my 1000 point project. Do I know what type of nurse i want to be? No, but I do enjoy ortho. I rather have respiratory and GI over the brain and heart. does that help?
Its crazy how my hopes and dreams have changed in 8 months. I started with living and working in Ohio. then I went on vaca for my birthday and felt I wanted to move to richmond....then, I wanted to stay here and become caretaker of my broken down childhood home. Now that is on hold and i want to move with richmond. i can't take this weather and living in the snowbelt seems like insanity to me.
To fix this problem, i decided i was going to take my board tests twice, one in ohio, and the other in virginia. if i fail one then thats a sign. I would have two licenses in both states plus all of the compact states that virginia is apart of. but oh
"You pay for one test,ok? and you take only one test, ok? then you send it to only on state board of nursing, ok?"
Well thats for the ohio test, but what about the virginia test?
"You take only one test, ok? then you send it to only one board of nursing,ok?"
Ah, thank you.
"Did I answer your questions?"
yes, thank you
"do you have any questions?"
no, goodbye
So i cant take 2 tests, only one. then I have to pick state they send the results to. wtf. really? so the state i picked was no ohio. and I have my reasons and i have plenty of professional and personal references that would agree, but i digress.
No matter which i would have picked, I would have felt guilty that im betraying my loved ones.
But life is not about guilt, its about happiness. and being in virginia makes me happy. mb i'll hate and want to burn the state down, but I'll never know unless i go. mb I'll fall in love with it and have a great life in my apartment with all my shit surrounding me. Since I've made this decision, I have formulated plans in my head to get my own apartment (no roommates) and budget my bills.
So tomorrow I will steal all the phone numbers from the internet and call the hospitals to see if they are hiring new grads!
No comments:
Post a Comment