Friday, May 25, 2012

Why you say no.no. no. When its always yeah, yeah yeah

Finally have a day off, yesterday had half a day off but spent it cleaning, recycling, and errands. Or as i like to say, practicing my housewife skills. Someday they will be perfect!! So what has happened in the last 5 months... Well, what didnt happen was: I havent gotten arrested, been placed on some good psych meds, or gotten admitted to the hospital. I believe those are the only things that havent happens, that list is shorter. Still dont have good coping skills so im quite impressed with myself!! I bought a house! In the armpit of the world, all my dreams moving like a gypsy to the Beach, not so enjoyable in real life. All the hurricanes hit the VA beach onthe way to destroy NYC, so i much safer here, with the occasional earthquake from all the "fracking" hahaha. I love reading those articles. The 21st century has come to my home base in search of their natural gas hoarding and the world finally wants to pay us for something. Those people deserve something for owning 40 acres in the middle of nowhere.. Anyhow, I closed on my house valentines day, after 4 months, 50 houses of searching, I found the one. And tho, I graduated from college and have % intitals behind my name, envisioning my capability and bringing myself back into reality and my poor coping skills is still hard. There are some gorgous house here, I looked at several times, and tho I learn they have been "empty" for 3+ years, My desire to have/do it all surpasses my real expectations of what a house should be. I want to restore and and make everything glam and gorgous and have everyone be enveous of what I have and what I did, but in real life the $$$ time, expertese in housing, and dedications out weights me. In short, I do not own a 1920 fixer-upper needs some love, damp moldy basement, 3 story, maid quarters in the attic, house. Nope. As beautiful as the entry way grand stair case, ballroom sized bedroom, and walk up attics were, I reality, where I live, most of the time, I cant handle overhauling a house. "does it have insulation?" What?? I sure as hell hope so... So I live on a dead end street, brick house- less bugs/termite probs, Water proofed basement, deck, and a yard for the bobo. Painted it all, ceilings and all, pics hung on the wall, I own a firproof box, and new furniture. Acting a grown up. I cant believe it's only been three months here, Today I called to cancel my second trash pick up. It seems the city picks up and ties the charges with my water bill. Still working on updating, but even these projects are enough to keep me and my wallet busy. Working overtime at my job, which love tons over my last one. Tho I still dream of going back to school or the ICU, but even the ICU burns you out with ungrateful pts and crazy family members. So who knows,,, what the future holds, Tho i hear it will interesting this summer, as usual. Anyhow, I think im on way to being satisfied with my life/job, but construction continues

No comments:

Post a Comment