Friday, June 29, 2012

Sometimes I love you, sometimes its you I can't stand

Why is everything with you so complicated?? One day this will all be a memory. Maybe next week, maybe next year. I think of all the things that have happened in the last year. New car, new job, a house!!! another new car, a raise! Winning the cutest pet contest. Lisa's brain surgery, rehab, radiation, chemo...

One day I will able to think about these times and not cry. One day, not next week, maybe next year. One day these will memories... One day my anger of having to work the day of her surgery and week after will fade, one day. Not next week, but maybe next year.

One day I will be able to speak about the surgery and after care, rehab, and strict medication regimen, and follow up MRIs, to my patients, as a resource and guide, with out crying. Not next week, but maybe next year. One my regret of not being her nurse, but following her wishing of being her daughter, will fade. Not next week, not next year, but one day it will, I pray.

one my resentment of being the only left at home the night she was life-flighted to another hospital will fade. One day, not next week, maybe next year.

One day, these will all be memories, on day.

No comments:

Post a Comment